No knock, knock

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Oct 23 04:10:17 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Hermann <bearbvd at sni.net>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, October 23, 1998 12:00 AM
Subject: Re: No knock, knock

>>Does it seem reasonable that someone might come up with a
>>combination of timing, and fuel that goes into detonation, that
>>the knock sensor misses?.
>>  This happens to be a late model SBC.
>>This happens with a few more degrees then with a identical
>>chip that triggers the knock with less timing?????.
>>  Any ideas?.
>>Bruce        Judge tru the case out about jelly saying jam is about
>>                   the samething.
>
>Are you saying the knock is, in fact, there, that Doc hears it, but that
>the sensor doesn't? Or something else??

On a dyno, HP fell off, white wisps of smoke out the pipes.  Was/is a very
expensive engine.  But, why knock with less timing.  Happened
in a rather short peiod of time.  They weren't into keeping the engine
loaded to find out.  Time didn't permit trying for plug cuts.....

>By the way--Tell Sleepy no knock-knock jokes are allowed on this list!!

I'll let ya tell him, he's a short bloke, but gotta temper ya don't wanna
see.
Bruce