Small Injectors

Francois Dion francois at hyperreal.org
Fri Oct 23 13:35:28 GMT 1998

andy quaas wrote:

> Yes, something just like that.  What is a cinquiencesegsdgo 700i cat?

Cinquecento is italian for 500. A Cinquecento 700i cat is a Fiat 500,
with
a 700cc engine, catalysed. This, unfortunately, like most small engines,
uses a carburator style intake with a single injector. It would be worth
it
tough to check with Weber (I think they are part of the Marelli group -
check
with Magnetti Marelli in the research triangle in North Carolina -
actually I know
somebody there that might know, i'll get back to you on that). Maybe
Weber
has a system for an18 hp engine. Fiat also produces tractors in that
range of
HP, some carbed but surely some injected. I know they definitely have 15
and
18 hp engines with FI, unfortunately I wasn't able to find any reference
in my
books.

I'd check their US web site at: http://www.fiatusa.com/
(Fiat owns Fiatallis and Marelli, might find something there)

Ciao,
Francois Dion (francois at hyperreal.org)
--
Member: FLU #1722, PCNA