BBC AKSN

Jason Weir Jweir at worldnet.att.net
Sun Oct 25 03:08:44 GMT 1998

Shannen Durphey wrote:

> Jason Weir wrote:
> >
> > I just got aksn.bin off of the FTP site and I thought that I would
> play
> > around with it a little.. First of all its off of a 88 4.3 V6 5
> spd..
> > Well when I run it, it starts just fine, idles real smooth but as
> soon
> > as it goes into closed loop it stalls,  Well I increased the idle in
> the
> > chip to 900 across the board now it will idle but it oscillates
> between
> > 1100 to 700.  Looking at the injector patterns, the injectors are
> > turning off completely, then the rpm drops they start pulsing again
> and
> > the rpm climbs to 1100 again and they stop completely again... This
> is
> > the only chip that has caused this to happen.. Anybody have any
> ideas
> > what is causing this?....  Thanks   Jason
> >
> > --
> Sounds like the problem I am having.  What area are you changing
> values in?  Are these symptoms familiar?  The vehicle starts and runs
> fine until you hit closed loop, then the oscillations begin.  And the
> oscillations are not slow, but fast enough to seem like someone is
> turning the key on+off.  Yes?

I didn't change the values anywhere, I took the unmodified (I think)
file from the FTP server and burnt the chip...

As for the symptoms... They are exactly as you describe, like the key on
- off - on...... Like I said before if you look at the injector you can
physically see the fuel stop totally....The oscillations must be fuel
related because I still have good spark during this (verified by timing
light on coil wire) and the IAC isn't moving but 1 or 2 positions either
way.  Also while looking at Diacom during all this I get all kinds of
weird things showing up like battery voltage dropping to 3.5V or going
as high as 25V but DVOM hooked to battery says 14.3V steady.  Plus when
it dies I get sporadic codes that diacom shows for 1 frame while it is
stalling then they disappear once the engine has stopped, they do not
get stored, as I said if I didn't have diacom I would never see the
codes...I would normally think that is was a ground or ecm problem but
it only happens with BBC AKSN.  I have not had this problem with any
other chip... If anyone is interested in seeing a diacom file of this,
let me know, I can send it...

--
Jason Weir
88 Wrangler - 258 Chevy TBI