BBC AKSN

Don Asetta dasetta at kitfox.anv.net
Mon Oct 26 02:26:42 GMT 1998

At 03:19 PM 10/25/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Don Asetta wrote:
>
>> >Well that may be but the bin file looks awful like the 7747 stuff and
>>
>> >the program code from 0x617 on is byte for byte the same as all the
>> >other 7747 bins that I tried.... Can anyone verify that AKSN is from
>> the
>> >7747?
>> >
>>  I have an AKSN eprom sitting here on my desk that I took out of a
>> 7747 that
>>  came out of a 1989 4.3 5 speed two wheel drive truck. I modified the
>> ECM for
>>  a ZIF scocket and put it in my 89 5.7 truck to make eprom changes
>> easier.
>
>Thanks for the info.... Could you outline how you did the ZIF socket
>mod, I think I would like to do the same thing to my 7747 ECM... Thanks
>Jason
>
>--
>Jason Weir
>88 Wrangler - 258 Chevy TBI
>Fayetteville, North Carolina
>http://home.att.net/~jweir  --- Jeep Home Page
>mailto:jweir at att.net

 The ZIF socket was easy, I wound up prying the plastic off the old socket
 and removing the pins one by one. When I do the next one I'll try to find
 the lowest profile ZIF that I can as the one I used was too high and the
 eprom sits high enough that I had to cut a hole in the cover to get it back
 on. I made a spacer around the hole and put stainless tape over it and now
 all is well.

Don Asetta
  KD7WP