Low Idle w/ Saturn tuned port EFI.

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Mon Oct 26 14:27:14 GMT 1998

Jemison Richard wrote:

> I apologize in advance for bugging you folks with this but I've got a
> feeling there's something dumb I've done that is precipitating this problem.
>
> I originally started having a really low idle (500 rpm or less in gear).  No
> increase in revs w/ air on either.  So I checked my codes and the IAC was
> indicated (now I know this meant the IAC was unable to correct the problem).
> At the time I took it to mean the IAC WAS the problem.  I replaced the IAC.
> In the IAC there were instruction stating the plunger should be no more than
> 1" extended.  I double checked this and it was right at 1 inch (it is
> obviously adjustable.  You screw it in one way or the other - don't remember
> offhand).

What is this?  The IAC is adjustable?  I've never seen that, but maybe
so.
Doesn't sound like the good old GM unit.

OK, first question.  This idle spped is actually causing problems,
correct?  Not just annoyingly low?

Next, do you have access to a scantool?  What are IAC counts?

Is there any chance you can forward the instructionsfrom the IAC?

Shannen