Low Idle w/ Saturn tuned port EFI.

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Oct 26 15:17:09 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Shannen Durphey <shannen at mcn.net>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Monday, October 26, 1998 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: Low Idle w/ Saturn tuned port EFI.

(GM)
Actually all the screw-in IAC are adjustable.  BUT, be careful the anti
rotation
part is soft plastic, and easy to ruin.  It is much better to get one of the
stepper motor kits, and slow it down to use.  They are like $25 so unless
your
doing alot if IAC stuff no real reason to buy one.  The adjustment is "lost"
after the ecm does it first reset. The initial adjustment is to keep from
ruining it
when you first install it.
  Shorting A+B and turning the key on, begins to extend the pintle to it's
max
lenght.  So when you unplug it the IAC passage way is closed.
  When you turn the key off, the IAC continues to have power for a moment,
and parks in the whithdrawn posistion, ready for a cold start.
  The above is for a 747, of which I'm sure of, and probably applies to all
of
the gm ecms.
Cheers
Bruce

>Jemison Richard wrote:
>> I apologize in advance for bugging you folks with this but I've got a
>> feeling there's something dumb I've done that is precipitating this
problem.
>> I originally started having a really low idle (500 rpm or less in gear).
No
>> increase in revs w/ air on either.  So I checked my codes and the IAC was
>> indicated (now I know this meant the IAC was unable to correct the
problem).
>> At the time I took it to mean the IAC WAS the problem.  I replaced the
IAC.