Turbo project

Falb, John John.Falb at Unisys.Com
Mon Oct 26 21:55:31 GMT 1998

Stock ECU reprogram $>150
MSD ignition with boost retard $150?
Smart spark2 programmable ignition control $239

Hello all.

I'm ready to begine slowly ordering parts to do my "Turbo 535 BMW"

This is an older car - 1986 - so keeping it stock or using *genuine BMW
parts*
isn't an issure.  I'm thinking an adjustable pressure (rising rate) fuel
regulator will handle fuel enrichment up to about 7 psi (which is my *stage
1*
goal here) without having to get different injectors but this still leaves
the
spark curve (ignition) to deal with.

The idea is to go "cheapest way" with Good parts.  Optimally I'd like an
Electromotive ignition and fuel injection system. But this is going to cost.

Soooo, how do I get the same benefits for a fraction of the cost???

Ideas anyone???      let the chanting begin...

Christopher