Supercharged/turbo charged systems?

Francois Dion francois at hyperreal.org
Tue Oct 27 14:00:31 GMT 1998

Robert Scott Winnicki wrote:

> anyone ever heard of cars with both of these installed on them.  I though
> I heard of a MR2 that had a custom set up on it, but I have never seen it.
> Anyone else?

The Lancia Delta S4, and is the only car ever produced from factory and
homologated to have both the supercharger and turbocharger. The MR2
would have to be custom. 480hp, 350ftlbs, from a 1759cc. The most
outrageous Rallye group B car ever produced, but unfortunately the FIA
pulled the plug on group B after Henri Toivonen died in a crash in the S4.

Not surprising, these cars were a bit too fast for dirt roads... 0-60 in
6 seconds on gravel (!) and 142 mph. That, from a car that looks from
a hatchback the size of a volkswagen golf...

Ciao,
Francois Dion (francois at hyperreal.org)
--
Member: FLU #1722, PCNA