EFI

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Oct 28 17:19:21 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill the arcstarter <arcstarter at hotmail.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wednesday, October 28, 1998 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: EFI

>Steve wrote:
>
>>the normal 16x16 spark and fuel tables.  They are not that hard to
>find.
>>The thing that is hard is locating the injector constants and other
>>important locations in the code.
>
>I'm sort of new to this whole EFI scene.  Is it true that most of these
>ECUs have rather modest (16x16) tables?

Tables size vary at the wim of the software types doing the programming.
While One brand might favor 16x16 they come in
all sizes.  ie Haltech 22x32, for some.  FelPro looked about the same.

 I assume the primary variables
>are TPS and RPM, with substantial input from various other sensors
>(coolant, ari charge etc) which act as modifiers for enrichment
>profiles, etc...
>
>My Chevy Injection book (don't recall the exact title) implies that all
>the tables are 4x4, in particular, the integration and "BLM" block learn
>tables.  That seems really sparse!
>
>If so, why do we find 32K eproms and whatnot?  Whats in the rest of the
>eprom?

On a typical 128K prom 0700 and below would be switches tables
setting, and the rest program.  There are like 282 tables switches
settings in this 0000-0700.
  If ya wanna look inside a gm prom got to www.syty.com, and "buy"
a copy of promgrammer, or dig around the turbo buick info
Bruce

 Is it all data or is there code there too?  Any urls for this