EFI

Steve Ravet steve.ravet at arm.com
Wed Oct 28 18:27:56 GMT 1998

Bill the arcstarter wrote:

> Steve wrote:
>
> >the normal 16x16 spark and fuel tables.  They are not that hard to
> find.
> >The thing that is hard is locating the injector constants and other
> >important locations in the code.
>
> I'm sort of new to this whole EFI scene.  Is it true that most of these
> ECUs have rather modest (16x16) tables?  I assume the primary variables
> are TPS and RPM, with substantial input from various other sensors
> (coolant, ari charge etc) which act as modifiers for enrichment
> profiles, etc...
>
> My Chevy Injection book (don't recall the exact title) implies that all
> the tables are 4x4, in particular, the integration and "BLM" block learn
> tables.  That seems really sparse!
>
> If so, why do we find 32K eproms and whatnot?  Whats in the rest of the
> eprom?  Is it all data or is there code there too?  Any urls for this
> stuff?
>
> Is that all there is? (he asks the naive question...) :)

Yep, that's all there is.  Thanks for the summary, we'll shut the list
down tomorrow.  ha ha ha, no offense.

Hey, take a look at the programming 101 project.  Start at the main
diy_efi page, efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/diy_efi, then click on "OEM
systems", then click on "GM".  Programming 101 is a study group that is
focusing on GM EFI, the 7747 in particular (truck TBI).  There is a
description of what some of the tables are and how they are indexed,
plus a "tuning tips" document that describes how different tables and
settings interact, etc.  That'll give you a good feel for how that
system works, and other manufacturers probably have similar solutions.

--steve