Easy Knock sensor test

Thomas Martin marttj at pcmail1.csg.mot.com
Wed Oct 28 20:47:23 GMT 1998

My 1980 Turbo Trans AM knock sensor test is to rev the engine to 1800 rpm,
and rap on the intake, the rpm should drop about 200 rpm for a few seconds,
and then return.

I have at home GM specs on the knock sensors for the 4, 6 and 8 cyl GM
cars/trucks from the past 15 years, they all are designed around specific
frequency's.

I can send the data for the sensors and part numbers if anyone is
interested.

Basically, use the correct sensor for you type of engine if you are adding
knock sensing.

Thomas Martin