Sunbird VIN wanted

Thomas Martin marttj at pcmail1.csg.mot.com
Thu Oct 29 01:07:55 GMT 1998

1    US Built, 2 is Canada, 3 Mexico, J Japan, K Korea
G    GM
2    Pontiac
JU    Sunbird GT, NW is Grand AM SE
1    2 dr Coupe/Sedan, 2 2dr hatchback liftback
1    Manual Belts 3 Manual Belts with Air Bag, 4 Automatic Belts (that
is the ones that attach to the door, NOT ELECTRIC!!!)
K or M, both are 2.0 L4 for Pontiac Only, 1 is Turbo
2    Check Digit, not sure how derived
L    1990
580767, production sequence

This is created from the VIN Guide WA-6, Printed Oct 1991.

This guide covers all GM from 1976 to 1992.  There should be a newer
version of this book, but this is what I have.  Contact your GM dealer
and inquire about it.

 Let me know if this helps any!

Thomas Martin