Anybody dissecting 808 code?

Wouter de Waal wrm at ccii.co.za
Thu Oct 29 13:49:55 GMT 1998

Hi all

I'm looking at the '808 code that came with my wife's Daewoo, this is
totally different from the standard Delco code, they tell me. But the
hardware is the same, I hope :-)

The tables are similar, 3 bytes followed by the "real" table. The 808
code I've seen on Ludis' page does
LDX #TABLE
JSR $EE2A, while the code I have does

LDX #TABLE
JSR $CCCC, but of course the routine looks totally different.

It looks like there's some kind of a watchdog, at $103a (store 55 and
then AA) and also at $1806 (toggle the highest bit).

So, anyone know what that routine at $EE2A is supposed to do? I'll
step through the routine I have, it would be nice if the routines
are functionally the same, 'cause then I can transfer GM table
knowledge to this Korean thing :-)

Wouter