answer to cheep advance question

Steve Gorkowski kb4mxo at mwt.net
Fri Oct 30 02:24:59 GMT 1998

Falb, John wrote:

> Is it possible to make this thing adjustable +/- 10 degrees, or more,
> based on throttle position and rpm. Say three or four different maps for
> throttle position and adjust timing every 500rpms. Maybe even a boost
> input???????????
>
> John Falb
>
> > Looks like here is a list of modifications, for one thing the knock
> sensor
> > will be of little use without some sort of tunable device or ability
> > adjust the sensitivity etc. Must have several options for trigger,
> > reluctor, mag, led. Keyboard and display can go, how about a rs232
> port and
> > use the rest of the I/O for something useful, A/D or what ever.

 I have this unit and for what it is it works fine the pic used has a lot of
tasks to do for a
such a small processor . The key scan and display functions must use a bunch
of space and or execution time . Flow charts come with it and like you said
bit banging the serial port may take care of the overhead problems and free
extra space for holding other parameters and extra functions .  I also have
public domain c compiler and programmer kit with drawings . This burner
looks easy to build or 40 bucks you can order the kit.

Steve