Ford OBD II -> PC interface

Mark Wilcutts markw at vehicle.me.berkeley.edu
Fri Oct 30 21:57:22 GMT 1998

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a device & software to read codes and log data from a Ford
OBD II system to a PC. So far, the only products I've found that are
compatible with the PWM protocol that Ford uses are:

Proscan Plus (http://www.autodiag.com.au/proscan.html) US$595
VCS (http://www.aed.com/p-vcs.htm) $1200
Ease (http://www.easesim.com/easeobdiist.htm) $1295

These last two are way too rich for my blood. Anyone know of other, less
expensive systems? I'm looking in particular for software with data
logging capability and compatibility with Windows.
Anyone have experience with any of these?

thanks for any pointers-
--
Mark Wilcutts
Vehicle Dynamics Laboratory	University of California