Oxygen sensor and high speed stumble

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Sat Oct 31 03:34:14 GMT 1998

I guess there's a a point of reference here.  If you have made engine
modifications which *require* increased fuel pressures for correct
fuel delivery at the specified injector opening times, then a loss of
pressure can cause problems.  But if you have increased fuel pressures
in an attempt to deliver more fuel to an engine which ran fine at 30
psi, then a loss of pressure (down to 30 psi) will cause no problems.
Now, consider this:  If you have raised pressure to deliver more fuel
to an engine which didn't need more, you are very likely running
rich.  It's very easy to chase after excessive fuel delivery at WOT
with the idea that you're going to fix a lean condition...

The best things to do are use a fuel pressure gauge, and watch the
plugs.
Shannen