New List Participant - very new

Scott Schaaf SSchaaf at ERINet.com
Thu Oct 1 00:47:00 GMT 1998

I am having the same problem,,, 'bout ready to change the TPS.    I dumped
a BUNCH of injector cleaner in the tank,, and the miss go MUCH better..  I
guess I must have some plugged infectors!!    The gas wars here in Ohio is
causing some REALLY SHI**Y gas!!

					Scott...

----------
<diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
> Subject: New List Participant - very new
> Date: Wednesday, September 30, 1998 10:33 AM
>
> Hello and let me apologize in advance for the level of my expertise with
> regard to electronic fuel injection.  I hope to learn much.  I've been
very
> impressed with what I've heard in the last few days.  I have two
questions.

> 1)  I have a '92 Saturn coupe with multiport injection.  It won't idle
very
> well at all and dies if the air conditioning is turn on (idles worse in
gear
> than in neutral also).  It also has a miss (sudden jerking - happens a
low
> to moderate speeds in gentle acceleration mode (20-40mph).  Pressing the
> accelerator enough to go into passing gear eliminates all problems and it
> runs fine - runs very well on top end also (for a Saturn).  I've changed
the
> IAC (my codes were pointing to that).  Oh that Idle Air Control Valve (I
> don't know what acronyms are standard yet!)  This car has a dual overhead
> cam engine 1.9L.
>
> 2)  The real reason I'm here is that I'm a motorcycle enthusiast and want
> design (or adapt if someone much smarter than me has already done this!
> This will NOT hurt my feelings any) an electronic fuel injection system
that
> would be generic enough in nature to fit many similar engine sized
Japanese