Injector Sizing: REALLY dumb question

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Sep 1 15:33:29 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Boucher <BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com>
To: diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Tuesday, September 01, 1998 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: Injector Sizing: REALLY dumb question

>> > For these reasons I've heard (unconfirmed rumours) that F1 cars
>> > heat the fuel to 300deg before injection. No droplets at all - all
>> > vapour. You can't argue with 900HP from 3L normally aspirated.
>> >
>> This sounds like the famous Pouge carburetor in the 1930's
>> would get over 100 mpg by vaporizing all the fuel
>> alex
>
>I thought it was 200 mpg?

Actually I was under the impression the Pouge was what used on the
P-38's of WW11.  Was a variable venturri, lastest form the Predator.
Gotta admit thou, designing a carb to work inverted is a trick.
Had neat little round cork floats, as I recall.  BTW, I saw a P-38
carb installed onna jeep once, kinda neat, really.  The fuel pump
looked like a coffee thermos (2 quart size)..

Cheers
Bruce    Doc spent most of the morning trying to fill his coffee
              mug while it was here.