Reversing the '8625

Mike Pitts mpitts at mail.emi.net
Sat Sep 5 18:33:54 GMT 1998

Okay, pulled the PCM again <phew>.  These trucks are
somewhat rare, compared to the Blazers, so it's possible
they use a different PCM.  This truck is also all-wheel-drive,
and has the towing package option, so that may have a
been a factor in PCM choice as well.

The sticker on the EPROM reads:

DELCO
4892
2303

I thought it had BBNT on the EPROM sticker but it didn't.  It
*does* have BBNT printed on the outside of the blue mempak
cover however, in the following format:

       DELCO
BBNT     9734

FWIW: The ESC filter board in the mempak has 1192307.

The labels on the outside of the PCM read:
SERV. NO. 16168625     BBNT
{BARCODE}
*86BBNTK223160167*
16179571               BBNT
{BARCODE}
*86BBNTK223160167*

The PCM is the usual size with one red and one blue
connector on the end.  Both connectors have 2 rows of
16 pins each.

I *highly* doubt the PCM has been replaced at any time.
I have all the service records (even the oil change receipts).
And there is no sign that it was ever removed before I
got my grubby little hands on it.  :)

Looking in through the access cover, the main board has
"177A183  P5" etched on it.  Maybe this is a P5 PCM? <jk>

Regardless of whether it's wierd, it's the one it uses and
therefore, the one I will be using.  With y'all's help, I've been
making a fair amount of progress!

Thanks!
-Mike
Mike Pitts