L-Jetronic or LH-Jetronic for 77 mgb ? & ford tempo throtle body

Stowe, Ted-SEA StowT at PerkinsCoie.com
Sat Sep 5 20:54:29 GMT 1998

howdy. I was recently forwarded a good article on putting a L-jetronic from
a renault fuego into a mgb from Dave Chu (thanks). and I was wondering if
anyone knew the merits of using a LH-Jetronic vs the L, the hot-wire system
in the LH appeals to me. however it does use a lamda or O2 sensor, (the L
does not), and I have read somewhere in the archives that the LH, idles very
lean, which is something I hear and see that the mgb is extremely happy
with. I believe but I'm not sure that the stock cam is still in the engine.

also, would anyone have or know of where I can get a ford tempo throttle
body ?
the one in the article has the fuel regulator build into it and according to
the article , works in any position, which sounds pretty neat, but it
doesn't state the year of car it came out of. the article came from england,
and what they call a ford tempo there might be a lot different here, or not
here at all.

or does anyone know of an easy to obtain (in the US), throttle body & intake
hardware, plenum ?
for a 1800cc size motor? if it has a bosch throttle positioning switch that
would be real nice.

thanks, Ted.