bad harness

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Sat Sep 12 20:03:45 GMT 1998

EFISYSTEMS at aol.com wrote:

> << f anybody has a GM engine harness that's junk or they're willing to
>  part with cheap, I need the 4-wire connector from the SMALL HEI
>  distributor (there's a pair of connectors...  a 2-wire that goes to
>  the coil and the 4-wire that goes into the harness...  that's the one
>  that I need) Please let me know asap.  I'll pay for overnight shipping
>  if you've got one you want to part with cheaply (or free :).  Need to
>  splice a new connector and wire stubs into my harness.  >>
>

> Hi,
>    It might be faster for you to go to your local chev dealer and get one they
> do carry those in stock....if they don't have your dist connector you can also
> use a late model chev IAC connector as they are the same but wire colors are
> different,,,,,I do have the parts to make you one if all else fails.....just
> remind me of the wire colors....
> -Carl Summers

The replacement harness is the best idea, but you may have to look
through the illustrations in the "standard parts" catalogue (it's on the
parts computer, too) to find it.  Replacement wires are all white.
Dealer should *definitely* have the terminals in stock.  It's not too
difficult to change them.  Also, I might have a connector, but I've got
to look first.
Shannen