Blown Water pump

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 17 02:13:54 GMT 1998

Several things...
Was it a rebuilt pump?
I went through 4 rebuilts in a month then broke down and spent the extra
$20.00 for a brand new water pump... No more problems.
Another item is the belt being tensioned too tight... this will wear the
water pump bearings very quickly and cause the shaft seals to leak...
Another option is if the trucj\k has a mechanical fan on the water pump,
ensure it's not bent or out of balance (missing a blade...)
Later,
Dave