Blown Water pump

Mike Dillon mdill at lsil.com
Thu Sep 17 14:33:32 GMT 1998

Hey Martin,

Is the fan bent or badly out of balance ? Are the belts being tightened
way too tight ? Has the cooling system been flushed, to make sure the coolant
is not contaminated with oil or ? How is the radiator cap , releasing at right
pressure ? These are about the only things I can think of that could cause
the pump(s) to fail so often, besides junk rebuilt pumps but AC-Delco should
be good, unless it was put together by a disgrundeled (SP ?) UAW worker close
to the strike.

Mike D