DIY_EFI Digest V3 #438

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Fri Sep 25 13:19:03 GMT 1998

My Mother had a '76 Seville with the analog system.  It nevered idled right and the mechanics
answer was to run the idle up.  On level payment, if you just took your foot off the brake, the
car would slowly accelerate to 25 mph.  The carb familiar  mechanics were overwelmed.  She
traded it in on a 79 Edelrado that ran great on it's digital sytem.  Till the engine
compartment caught on fire.

She eventually bought the last year of the 560SL and later replaced it with a '94 BMW 325i.  My
Mother drives sporter cars than me.  The punch line to all this is one day soon after the
current M3's came out, she asked me if she should trade up to the M3.  I told her she doesn't
use more than 1/4 throttle now.  Why does she need more HP.  Lead foot Grandma.

Wish she'd give me some of her trade in's.

Joe (Hello, ... Mom?) Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban