HC11 disassembler wanted

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Fri Sep 25 20:53:22 GMT 1998

Joe Boucher <BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com> wrote:
> I am definitely not an expert in this area.  I'm just parroting something I read.  You
> might try using a 6809 disassembler on the code.  My understanding is the 68HC11 is
> based on the 6809 and the 6809 instructions are a subset of the 68hc11 instructions and
> you might have better success than you might think.  There are 6809 disassemblers
> available for free.

HALT!  Go directly to Radio Shack.  Do not pass IRQ.  Do not collect
$200 of 6809 tools.

The 6809 is different from the 6800/6801/68HC11.  It was (one of)
Motorola's upgrade path(s) from the 6800 - in the same way that Intel
went from the 8080 to the 8086/8088.  In both cases, old assembly source
code could be mechanically translated to the new design.  But neither
one was object code compatible.

The most famous use of the 6809 is the Radio Shack Color Computer
(CoCo).  The most famous 6809 operating system is OS-9.