New List Participant - very new

Michael Kasimirsky mtk at tmc.astm.cmri.cmu.edu
Wed Sep 30 19:18:21 GMT 1998

> Thank you again and your point is well taken.  What if I
> limit my exercise
> to a specific Japanese bike (actually Harley has an EFI unit)
> - a Yamaha
> XS1100 (produced 1978 - 1981)?

I disagree about the manifold configuration problem as it
relates to bikes.  If you consider inline 4 engines, they all
use a bank of rack-mounted carburetors.  A motorcycle
EFI system could easily use (and the aftermarket ones
do just that) individual throttle bodies that are rack-mounted
just like the carbs.  With a basic casting, you could bore
them to various diameters, depending on engine size, and
rack them at various distances to match different cylinder
head configurations.

If you can't guess, motorcycle EFI is my main area of
interest as well.  Cars have too many wheels, not to
mention they lean the wrong way in corners.  :-)

Michael Kasimirsky            1990 Yamaha FZR400 Superbike Racer
Loki Motorsports              1993 Kawasaki ZX1100D1 Streetbike Rider
FASTTRAX & WERA Novice #22  Sponsored by Loki Motorsports, Bridgestone,
mtk at tmc.astm.cmri.cmu.edu        Street & Competition, and AGV.