73 Chevy v8 question

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 3 17:23:44 GMT 1999

At 08:48 AM 4/3/99 -0800, you wrote:

>now with a clean manifold I think I see something else. this 'egr' manifold,
>has two small ports on the passenger side, that would appear to mate with 2
>ports on the head on that side. these ports are right under the egr valve on
>that side.
>
>however there are no ports on either head for such a purpose, and no holes
>in the old intake manifold gaskets either. so even with the intake's egr
>ports cleaned up, nothing is going to happen.
>
>so is this a clear case of a different set of heads/manifold ? or is this
>not a problem ?
>does anyone sell an egr valve block off plate ? I'd hate to kind of leave
>this condition existing as the egr passages are just going to load up with
>carbon again.

The ports you are talking about I think are the exhaust feed to the EGR
valve...  If they aren't in the head, then there is no need for an EGR
block off plate.  They shouldn't carbon up either, with no exhaust going to
them.
Sounds like someone swapped the heads with Non-EGR models...
           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.