Toyota Supra twin turbo and water injection.

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 3 19:40:23 GMT 1999

At 11:59 AM 4/3/99 -0700, you wrote:

>2. A small amount of water (maybe 10% of fuel mass flow rate) after the
>intercooler will yield some evaporative cooling of the charge air, and give
>you a net gain of maybe 1% after correcting for the amount of oxygen which
>is displaced by the resulting water vapor.

How about substituting Methanol or Ethanol for the water... higher heat of
vaporization (cools better as it evaporates) Plus it supplies additional
fuel to the engine *AND* increases effective octane of the cylinder
charge... Pretty good gains to be seen here if it's metered right!

           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.