'50s MOPAR Hemi question

JRECPA at aol.com JRECPA at aol.com
Sat Apr 3 20:29:26 GMT 1999

In a message dated 4/3/99 11:06:32 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
Tedscj at aol.com writes:

<< This isn't really EFI related, but can anyone point me to detailed
 information on '50s Mopar information?  My Web searches are only turning up
 '60s info.

 Specifically, I found a '57 Dodge Custom Royal with a 325 Hemi and a single
 4bbl for sale fairly cheap.  I'm trying to find out if that makes it the
D500
 option or if ALL Royal Customs came with Hemis.  If it had the dual 4bbl
 motor, then I'd be sure it was a D500 but it's only a single four which
 leaves me confused.
 The serial # on the motor was KD500-1151 which IS a Dodge Hemi motor for the
 57 model year.  I just don't know if this makes the CAR a D500 which
 seriously affects it's value.

 Thanks for any direction to the info.
 Ted >>
My book shows that the 325 is not the hemi. The D500 engine was the 354 hemi
with 2 carter WCFB carbs rated at 340HP.   The D500 series had a 285HP version
of the 325, but it was not the hot hemi you are looking for. The id numbers
shown
are from KD-501-1001 to KD-501-1102.

James