Police / Taxi EFI

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Apr 4 18:47:08 GMT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Fran and Bud <quest100 at gte.net>
To: <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 1999 1:20 PM
Subject: Police / Taxi EFI

>From what I've heard/seen the pursuit packages are about a dead deal
anymore.
Last info I read about the cop packages was things like parking with the
nose of the car up by a wall, to test for air flow at sustained idle.
  Some of the instrument clusters also had warnings like not to use OD at
sustained high speed.
  In this day of litigation for a Police Dept to order a Pursuit Package
would be lawyer food.
  So the best is, Fleet Service.
Some years ago some Police Depts had to lower the top speed mins, cause none
of the cars could pass it, with a light bar................   That also
explains some unmarked cars...
  GM has spent a bunch of money PR'ing the Tahoe SUV as a Police Vehicle.
If anyone has more current info., or part #'s for Pursuit Package
calibrations, I'd like to hear about them.
Cheers
Bruce