DFI or Tec II

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Tue Apr 6 22:13:47 GMT 1999

I have tryed the Tec system( I am getting angry........trying not to loose
temper)I think the system is fine if you have a natural aspirated v8 with
max
5000 rpm.With a high hp reving engine with a more mystery torque curve I
dont think its good.You want it to be perfect woudnt you ? or you could
stick to carbs! Dont let all the features blind you , you dont need
them.And they dont work with a pulse width resolution of 0,1 millisec and
big injectors.....  How its
possible to have automatic fuel calibration on the tec system on a turbo
engine with a narrow band 02 sensor is a mystery to me......
You need better pulse width resolution than 0,1milisec if your not going to
use staggered injectors.
You have to grind the toothed wheel to get accurate timing.(I had to)
You have to adjust max hp/rpm first! Do you want to run your new engine at
max at the early stages of calibration?
 You have to turn the engine of each time you want to change
calibration.....
you must let the turbochargers chill of before you take it of.......time
consuming and not userfrendly.The money you save on the system you will
loose fast in more dynotime and headaces.
voltage  compensation dont work, its more sensitive to voltage change at
low rpm than high.
Acceleration calibration is confusing .
If you want to raise the fuel pressure or put in bigger injectors you have
start calibrating from the beginning.
here is more systems:
http://www.motec.com/
http://www.obr.dk/