DFI vs TEC II

RSRACE at aol.com RSRACE at aol.com
Wed Apr 7 15:43:33 GMT 1999

     I have worked with the Tec and have seen Haltech on various cars.  I
would recomend the TEC because it does make power.  But I think the Haltech
has better resolution in the fuel and ignition maps.  The price of the
haltech is about the same as TEC if you have to pay for software for TEC.
There is another system that I'm looking into that has safety features built
into the software/ECU.  It will richen the fuel and lower boost if EGT
reaches a critical value.  Also has a boost fuel cut.  It also has a LCD
display which can display all vital engine parameters which is definitly
worth a few hundred in gauges.  Haltech allows you to download there software
which is very useful in determining which one you want to buy.  I can't tell
you much about DFI but I do know they also charge for software.

Tom