Ceramic turbocharger info source??

Chris Wilson chris at maximum-bhp.u-net.com
Wed Apr 7 21:09:11 GMT 1999

In article <19990407181919.9595.rocketmail at web121.yahoomail.com>, Andre
Grandi apparently wrote:
> Chris,
> Slight correction: only the turbine wheel is ceramic, the shaft is not.

This is interesting :-) A UK turbo firm (Turbo Technics) has *apparently*
been making a batch of rebuilt Jap Supra turbos,as there are now enough of
them in the UK to warrant this move.I was *told* that they had tooled up
to grind the replacement shafts in steel,which led me to believe that the
ceramic OE turbos used a ceramic *shaft*.All this is hearsay,but it made
me try and research ceramic turbo technology on the net,with little
result. Are you saying the *shafts* are always made of steel?

Thanks for the reply.

--
               Best Regards,
                        Chris Wilson.