TEC II

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Thu Apr 8 01:30:52 GMT 1999

><<And they dont work with a pulse width resolution of 0,1 millisec and
>big injectors.....  >>
>
>Well, since it takes about 1 millisec for an injector to "recover" (which
>has to
>be allowed for in the PW formula), I don't think you have to have the pulse
>width that low, for a street car.

Espen was right with this--100 us resolution is JUNK!! (As is 64 us.)

><<How its possible to have automatic fuel calibration on the tec system on a
>turbo
>engine with a narrow band 02 sensor is a mystery to me......>>
>
>Simply using a standard Bosch 4 wire EGO is fine. Standard 0-1v scale. The EGO
>correction factor should not be the only control you have over the A/F ratio,
>anyway.

Again, he is right. Trying to calibrate anything off of stoich without a
UEGO is foolishness, and asking for expensive repairs!

>Bottom line:
>Any aftermarket ECU will constitute a large portion of your time, to install &
>tune.

And the cost of repairing a properly done engine, if ruined, will dwarf the
additional cost of a better ecu!!

Regards, Greg