Engine load vs RPM and torque

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Fri Apr 9 00:39:07 GMT 1999

Inertia forces at TDC and BDC are easily calculated with a little trig.  Gas
pressure forces can be calculated by knowing compression and temperature
rise.  Also, knowing power, BMEP can be calculated and an indicator diagram
inferred.  It is generally accepted that maximum pressure occurs at 12 deg
ATDC.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>

> Hi all,
>
> This is a little off charter but is still related somewhat (especially to
> those with artificial aspiration.)
>
> I'm looking for some software or code (Matlab, Working Model etc...) that
> will allow me to calculate the loads seen by the piston, rod, etc for
> various torque/speed combinations. For instance, is it better to make 100
HP