EEC-IV Modifying

Paul S. Draper psd105 at psu.edu
Sun Apr 11 15:46:28 GMT 1999

Bruce Plecan wrote:
Before deciding on ecms, is there a T/C  S/C  ford application (perferably

> correct number of cylinders)?.
> Be a shame to do a bunch of work and find out the system doesn't see Boost.
> Does the ecm look for a barometric value?.
> I don't know about fords strategy on stuff is why I ask.
> Bruce

I would be using a Mass-Air Flow Meter (senses air flow into engine) and EEC.
It seems to be the best choice using Ford stuff.  The T/C cars used a Vane Air
Flow meter (senses air-flow), which would probably be too restrictive for my
application as it only flows ~380 CFM.  Also the EEC is for a 2.3L 4 cyl (using
Low impedance injectors).  The S/C EEC's use a MAF meter also, but they are 3.8L
6 cyl.  Ford did/does use a Speed Density (senses Manifold Pressure) EEC for
v8's, but it doesn't respond well to camshaft changes or any MAP value higher
the Atmospheric (ie Boost).

So, I figure the best way for me to go is to used Ford's MAF EEC-IV and Meter,
and change what's necessary to allow me to use low impedance injectors.  One
idea is to pull the necessary pieces from an EEC that uses low impedance
injectors, and transplant them into the EEC that I will use.  I'm just looking
for suggestions and some insight from people on the list who might have already
done this, or know what needs to be done.

Thanks,

Paul
--
Paul S. Draper