EEC-IV Modifying

Ord Millar ord at aei.ca
Sun Apr 11 17:44:42 GMT 1999

I know a lot of guys running EEC-IV's with boosted 302 applications, and
NONE of them read boost pressure into the EEC, they either use fuel
management units to increase fuel rail pressure with boost (usually 6:1 or
8:1), or else they program assuming boost vs. RPM is a table of constants.
These methods seem to work OK.

You could also look into the APE Speed-Brain, which connects to the standard
302-EEC IV wiring harness, but is allegedly easier to program.

There is the 7.3L Turbo Diesel truck engine, I believe they used EEC-IV
prior to 1995.  I don't know how much help a diesel calibratipon starting
point will be, however.

BTW, a company called alternative auto will modify EEC-IVs for low impedance
injectors, and their price seemed reasonable, so it can't be too difficult.