Circuit boards

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Mon Apr 12 01:45:45 GMT 1999

Tom,
	I socketed the flash chips on my 95 Camaro LT1 PCM. It had a clear
waterproofing all over the board. This seemed to also be under the chips. I
built a copper foil damn around the Flash chips, then used a heat gun to remove
the surface mount Flash chips, The heat from the heat gun melted the solder and
softened all the goo up so I could pull off the chips. I then cleaned up the
area with repeated cleaning with alcohol. Alcohol did not really disolve it ,
but with scrubbing it cleaned the board up enough to allow me to solder on the
sockets.

		Ken