Another Question about the Northstar

Chris Moore northstar87 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 12 03:24:00 GMT 1999

Hi everyone,
  I think you all know the problem I was having.  But for those who
don't, My wheels will not peel out.  I have a power problem in the
low end.  Again I think it has to do with the Torque Management
system on the 4.6 Northstar.  I was looking into just making a pulse
generator to produce a wheel speed signal and run it into the brake
module.  But I was thinking.  The Northstar has two wires that run
into the PCM from the EBTCM(Electronic Brake Traction Control Module)
that have to do with the controling of the Torque Management.  The
first wire is Delivered Torque and the second wire is Desired Torque
Output.  These are the wires that let the PCM know how many injectors
to shut down and how much timing to retard.  It is read by a scanner
by percentage.0% to 100%.  Now, common sense tells me that one of the
wires are a power wire and one is a ground or a return.  Is there any
way that I could run the correct voltage to the PCM that will say
that there is 0% of Torque Management and that would do away with the
EBTCM all together.  With that being done, that would save me all the
hassles of trying to fool the EBTCM.  There are other variables to
that we would have to try to fool like the RPM, VSS, Throttle
position.  If we could just figure out how much voltage to send than
we could just get rid of the EBTCM and all the other variables would
not matter.  I hope someone can help me.  Thanks everyone for the
help.

Chris Moore