Mitsubishi MUT-II test connector

xxalexx at ix.netcom.com xxalexx at ix.netcom.com
Mon Apr 12 04:40:21 GMT 1999

> Does anyone know anything about Mitsubishi MUT-II test connector ? Vehicle
> what I am talking about is new 99 Pajero 2800 turbo diesel.
>
> Connector looks like standard OBD-II connector but having little notch at
> pin # 1 end.  I have not yet measured anything from the connector but in the
> future I will do this.
> Pins populated at the connector and descriptions according OBD-II standard:
> 1 = ?
> 4 = chassis ground
> 5 = signal ground
> 7 = ISO K-line  ?
> 8 = ?
> 12 = ?
> 13 = ?
> 14 = CAN low ?
> 16 = batt +

Pin 2, 7, 10 , 15  or  OBD2 pins so very  possible you have a ISO-K
for diagnostics, which most Asian cars do.  There is  clauses
in  J1962-5 that state you can use these pins for other things.
Ford uses 2 and 10 for PWM but also has pin 7 for some other use.
I have SAE J1962  1994   connector specs in  SAE HS-3000  1995
which does not show any CAN or KWP2000.  I am not sure
if these have been fully approved as a J1850 alternative
http://www.od2ii.com has a connector diagram showing CAN pins.
Pin 7 is at Bat. voltage logic 0
It will be a while before I get SAE-3000 1998
You could also check ISO 14299 and 14230
alex
http://www.obd-2.com