sequential gearboxes

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Mon Apr 12 12:48:10 GMT 1999

Yes, its possible.  The Ferrari F1 style gearchange for the F355 and now the
F360 use conventional gearboxes with a hydraulic mechanism operating the
shift rail, clutch, and drive by wire (EFI content).  The Ferrari system is
pretty comprehensive with safety overrides and a fully automatic mode.  What
are you trying to do?  Is this for race or road use?

Or, do you mean to make a big motorcycle type gearbox?

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>