high pressure fuel pumps - recommendations?

Martin Easterbrook martin_easterbrook at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 12 15:53:49 GMT 1999

I have some injectors designed for use at 16barg (230psi).  I have
measured them against other race injectors at 10bar (145psi), 16bar
(230psi) and 30bar (435psi) on my test bed and found that the
atomisation performance and linearity are very good at 16 bar and
excellent at 30bar.

I would like to run these on a car, but I need to find a suitable fuel
pump setup.  I need either a mechanical pump or a combination of
electic pumps that can supply 98 octane pump fuel for 600hp at 16bar
or 30 bar (ideally).  The pump(s) would be fed from a pressurised
pre-tank (running about 1barg).

Any recommendations?