Circuit boards

Greg Woods gwoods at SymCA.com
Mon Apr 12 19:01:13 GMT 1999

> I have a couple of EEC_IV boards that I am trying to disassemble. The
> CPU and ROM  seem to be glued down then sodered into place. There is
> also a heavy, clear coating (waterproofing?) over everything.
>
> Does anyone know what will disolve this without destroying the board?
>
> How about the glue?
>
> Thanks in Advance   Tom Sharpe

When I worked at Allied Signal in the General Aviation Division,
we coated all our boards with a product called Hemi-Seal.  It was
a sort of waterproofing that enabled our boards to pass the extremely
high humidity and salt water spray specs for FAA approval.
It was a substance that is just like what your describing.  I think
Toms right when he suggests acetone to remove it.  I think that'll
work.  hope this helped...

Greg Woods
gwoods at symtx.com
austin, tx