effect of leaded gas on wideband O2?

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 13 13:13:11 GMT 1999

Actually,
The Export models of cars that are destined for countries with leaded fuels
have the PCM's calibrated to operate with no O2 sensors or cats.  As an
example, the Export exhaust system for the impala SS is an H pipe from the
manifolds down to the intermediate pipe that replaces the cats and has no
bungs for O2 sensors... The Saudi Syclone/Typhoons were the same way... No
cats, no O2 sensors.