DFI vs TEC II

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Apr 13 21:56:04 GMT 1999

>types of software available, such as MAP, MAF.  However, by time you pay
>for the software license, the TEC II seems to be more expensive.

Actually I did in fact reply to your message... however I just built a new
server because the old one foobar'd, therefore maybe it didn't make it
through successfully.

I have a fair amount of experience with Haltach and TecII, and for a forced
induction engine, its a mere toss-up.  The one major, major advantage of the
TEC-II is that its an under-hood bolt together system that uses OEM sensors
(or Electromotive sensors - same thing) using spade connectors.  The TEC
units have screw terminals everywhere, and you can interface this to your
engine very easily.  Go to the junkyard, buy sensors, and take the wires
going to said sensors and cut them as far back as you can.  Reduces the
price significantly actually.  The software is very expensive, however it is
as flexible as you can imagine.  Boost, no boost, MAP/MAF, etc, and you can
change your configuration very easily as you add one or two turbochargers
<grin>.

I think compared between the two, the TEC II is the leader.  Bolt it to your
firewall, and its done.