Simulation/Modeling Tools

FHPREMACH at aol.com FHPREMACH at aol.com
Thu Apr 15 09:18:50 GMT 1999

In a message dated 4/14/99 8:47:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
memvive at globetrotter.qc.ca writes:

<< David Rhoads wrote:

 > Help ...
 >
 > I'm looking for some additional information to wrap up a term paper that
 > I'm writing.  What I need is info/comments on various
 > modeling/simluation languages/tools

 The Pro/Eng (Pro/Engineer) package is indeed the most complete one I
 have seen with mechanical, heat transfer and motion simulations.

 Hope this helps,
 --
 Helene V. >>

I beg to differ. ProE is a cumbersome package. If you want to use what the
big boys use, look to SDRC IDEAS and Fluent Rampant for design and
Computational Fluid Dynamics respectively. This is what people like Ford,
Ilmor and others of that caliber use. The company (an international
aerodynamics research and consulting firm) where I was in charge of design of
gaging and database development spent a great deal of time evaluating
packages. We talked to a number of companies who had IDEAS and ProE
experience and they were fairly unanimous in their recommendation for design
and analysis. Fluent is the world leader in CFD for virtually every kind of
fluids flow analysis as well as thermal and combustion analysis. IDEAS was
recommended by them as a tool for preprocessing the data for their analysis
suite.
Talk to these people. You will find that they are both companies with strong
educational ties.
Fred