Whippled Hummers

Frederic frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Fri Apr 16 01:22:04 GMT 1999

>I am new to this list.  I am an owner of a 350 gas Hummer for the last 3
>years.  Many on the Hummer mailing list have been talking about putting in

Good choice :)  See my tagline :)

>Whipple -worm type superchargers.  I make claims that there have been
>reports that the whipple is associated with bottom end going,  even with 4
>bolts mains blazer engines.   Some of the problems with Off road and
Fording

Yes, whipple chargers will absolutely boost the low end, which is where you
want it considering the application for the vehicle.

>body injection engine to have problem, but it is hanging in there without a
>whimper or a miss.   This is a post I made this week, based on several

Irregardless of engine, forced induction, etc, you have to make sure its
absolutely water tight.  Being fuel injected or not doesn't make a
difference... you can always mount the ECM in a water proof metal box (small
milk box-like thing).  Gaskets, gaskets, gaskets.  EFI has a major advantage
over carbs - the engine can run in nearly any position fuel wise.  A steep
incline can result in lean or rich mixtures with a carb.  THis is why my
friends and I used a dual-holley intake, and have the carbs facing away from
one another, on a steep incline, one's rich one's lean, which helped.  Not
as much as we hoped.

EFI is really the way to go.  Use good gaskets and good sealant.

------

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport CT 06606

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1975 Dodge D200 Extended Cab/Bed (413 + twin turbos)
2000 Twin Turbo Buick GTP V6