sequential gearboxes

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Fri Apr 16 17:55:56 GMT 1999

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Eric Aos wrote:

> Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 08:35:07 -0700
> From: Eric Aos <EOA at spartek.com>
> To: "'diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu'"
     <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
> Subject: Re: sequential gearboxes
>
> >     Well I guess I will have to put my foot in my mouth on
> > this one :-) I
> > have been shifting a 4 speed without "lifting" for over 25
> > years.
>
> Amen to that one. My first car was a '69 GTO with a 455 and a crashbox
> Muncie. Used to go through 2 sets of synchros a year :)

I thought that a crash box has gears wiht NO syncros (like my 61 rover)
 1+2 no syncros and noisy as hell
 3+4 smallist syncros

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8