sequential gearboxes

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 17 00:43:20 GMT 1999

At 07:35 PM 4/16/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Haven't been doing it that long, (only 29) but I have been doing it to my
>Muncie
>M22 for over 8 years.  It's all in timing.  Your are right, syncros don't like
>the abuse, especially behind a 454, shifting at 7500.  Muncies
inheritantly eat
>3rd up first for some reason.  Jerico makes a 4 speed that is clutchless. Can
>exactly remember how it works, but it somehow during the shift locks both
>gears,
>and then slides off.
>G-force also makes a 5 speed shiftless trans.  Looking into replacing mine
with
>one of G-forces.

Can't remember who was making them, but some company modifies Turbo 400's
to not use a torque converter... Called the trans a "turbo clutch"... uses
a standard clutch and pressure plate, front pump is a different animal from
stock and some of the internals are modded... Use the clutch to launch and
off you go!

           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
   Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they didn't?!