Twin Turbos (Massive snippage safe to read)

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Sat Apr 17 02:11:43 GMT 1999

>>the two modes of operation.  The www.syty.org or .com has a list of all the
>>candidates.
>
>OKay, i'm on the way!  EIght is good.
>
>>OK whatza VATS turbo?
>

>I may have the acronym wrong, but its the turbo with integral "wastegate",
>which instead of a flap door or plunger/spring type of configuration, the
>turbo has small vanes that move depending on boost, the vanes completely
>surrounding the turbo fan.

It's VATN--for Variable Area Turbine Nozzle. Garrett is getting some of
them to market, and Aeorcharger is making some BEAUTIES--with ball
bearings, independent oil supply, and so on. Full torque/boost up by 1300
or 1500 rpm, and WAY more efficient than even a screw compressor type
supercharger (such as a Whipple).

Regards, Greg